no, I have not been abducted by aliens
It just feels like it.
I'm busy packing because we leave on THURSDAY and as usual, there are a million things left to do. I swore to myself that this time there would be no final panic packing at 2 a.m. on Thursday morning. But why break with tradition, eh?
Since boy10 and all the other 4th graders are changing school this year, last week and this week have been a whirlwind of farewell parties and school concerts. Nothing on today though so I'm going to go for it and try to get a lot accomplished.
Things that need to be done by Thursday, besides packing, of course:
1. remove potentially scary items from fridge. Donate to neighbours.
2. Scrub the bejeezus out of the bathtub/shower (nope, can't be put off any longer. ughh)
3. Find Boy10's favourite swimming trunks and the memory card for Mr. M's mp3 player.
4. Decide on how many pairs of shoes is too many
5. Lose 15 lbs. (I'm halfway through a bag of M&Ms as I write this so I don't see it happening any time soon)
To make all of this even more enjoyable, it's supposed to go up to 33°C today. That's like 91°F! Just the right weather for scrubbing the bathtub.